Peterborough Wedding & Liftestyle Photographer
Welcome to the website of Alan Howe Photography. I'm a wedding and lifestyle photographer in Peterborough also covering Stamford, Rutland and Spalding. I currently live in the quiet little town of Crowland with my beautiful wife and daughter.
I love most genres of photography however I specialise in wedding and lifestyle photography. Why? Because I love seeing the genuine emotion in my clients when I present them with their photographs. It is such a heart warming and humbling feeling to be responsible for capturing magical moments and preserving precious memories for my wonderful clients.
When I'm not capturing weddings or shooting family portraits I enjoy venturing off to the countryside or the city to do some cityscape and landscape photography.
The image below is from a recent trip I had to Prague although London is probably still my favourite place for cityscape photography.
My photography equipment (for those that are interested.....)
I use only professional Canon cameras and lenses for paid assignments such as weddings, portrait sessions and commercial events.
However, my 'everyday' camera is a Panasonic Lumix GX8 and is usually with me at all times with the hope that when the time comes I won't miss out on getting that once in a life time shot. Whether it's a UFO hovering over Peterborough Cathedral 'Independence Day' style or the Royal Family performing River Dance in Trafalgar Square, I want it on camera!
Hobbies & Interests (Other than photography of course...)
- I enjoy going to the cinema; have done ever since I saw my first film ET
- I play the guitar having learnt to play classical guitar way back when I was 10 years old
- Cooking.... I love it, almost as much as I love eating the food afterwards. Not too keen on washing the dishes though....
- Watching box sets and eating junk.... Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Ray Donovan... I've seen them all!
A few random facts about me
- Ironically, I now can't stand the film ET. I hate it
- I once narrowly missed falling on and probably crushing to death Professor Stephen Hawking
- I've jumped out of an aeroplane
- My favourite colour is purple